Court Assistance Office

Forms Available Through Court Assistance Office

  • Divorce
  • Modifications of Child Custody
  • Modifications of Child Support
  • Name Changes
  • Eviction

Public Records Request

If you have a public records request for the Jerome County Courts, please contact Chelsea Wethern. Their contact info is available on the request form below.


Paperwork for self-represented parties is available online at the State of Idaho's Court Assistance Office website

The Court Assistance Office was established to help self-represented parties navigate the paperwork necessary to pursue relief through the court system in specific family law and civil cases. The Court Assistance Office also provides informational pamphlets on a variety of legal topics, information on government and private agencies, and review of completed Court Assistance forms. However, the Court Assistance Office cannot provide legal advice or legal representation.


The Court Assistance Officer does not represent parties or any of their interests. While confidentiality practices concerning anything discussed are utilized, it is not guaranteed. The Court Assistance Officer may provide services to the opposing parties (other person/s involved in the same case). The Court Assistance Officer can only give information not interpretations of laws or strategies for any case. If seeking representation, a confidential consultation, or legal advice, you will have to consult with a private attorney.

Talk to an Attorney, if Possible

The materials and assistance you receive at the Court Assistance Office are not a substitute for legal advice. The laws and court rules are complex. Following instructions and using the forms provided to you will not guarantee a favorable result. It is always advisable to talk to a lawyer about your problem before proceeding on your own.

If you cannot afford to hire an attorney to represent you, you may be able to pay a lawyer to give you advice and review your paperwork for a lesser cost. Contact the Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 208-334-4500 for the name of an attorney in your area who will provide an initial consultation for no more than $35. Even if you do not hire a lawyer to represent you throughout the proceeding, a lawyer can look over your paperwork, give you advice on how to present your evidence, and tell you whether this type of action is right for you.