Our office is taking extra precautions for the health and safety of the public and our staff.  We will be allowing 1-2 persons at a time. Please knock before entering and wait to be allowed in.

Parcel Maps

Jerome County parcel maps can be accessed through the Idaho State Tax Commission website. Maps are periodically updated.

Please contact the Jerome County Assessor’s Office at 208-644-2740 for more information.

Vehicle Registration

Online vehicle registration is now available. For more information, please contact the Department of Motor Vehicles at 208-644-2730.

Property Information

If you require information about a parcel, please call our office or email an information request. We are happy to email a copy of a parcel sheet and if needed a plat map.

We do not provide deeds, surveys or property lines. Please contact the recorder/auditor for more information.

Mailing Address Change

If you have moved or need your mail forwarded, please call our office with the following information: owner name, property address and/or PIN, the current mailing address and the new mailing address.

Or you can email the address change form.

Important dates

  • March 15: You must return your personal property declaration to the county assessor by March 15.
  • First Monday in June: The county assessor usually mails an assessment notice to you by the first Monday in June.
  • Fourth Monday in June: Appeals for property values are due by the fourth Monday in June and must be returned to the commissioner's office.  
  • November 1: You must file the declaration for transient personal property by Nov. 1 each year with the assessor of your home county.
  • First Monday in November: If your personal property changes status from exempt to nonexempt during the year, you must report it by the first Monday in November.
  • December 20 and June 20: The county treasurer mails most tax bills by the fourth Monday of November. If you pay the first half by December 20, the second half is due by June 20 unless the treasurer demands earlier payment. Contact the treasurer for information about installment payments and your bill. (For December assessments, you should receive the bill in January of the following year.)