The Jerome County Sheriff maintains the preference that positions within the Sheriff’s Office will be filled by internal applicants, if possible. Lateral/Certified applications will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Applications for patrol and security services will be accepted at the Sheriff's Department which is located at:
300 N Lincoln
Jerome, ID 83338
To request an application by mail send a request to Captain Jack Johnson at Jerome County Sheriff's Office.
Anyone interested in employment with the Jerome County Sheriff must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a GED.
- Must be able to meet minimum vision and hearing standards.
- Be free of any physical, emotional, or mental conditions which might adversely affect performance of a Deputy Sheriff as determined by a medical and psychological exam.
- Must pass a physical agility test.
- No past criminal history and no convictions of DUI or suspended driver's license within the five years prior to the date of application.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have no more than four (4) moving violations in the three (3) years preceding the application.
- Must be of good moral character as determined by a background investigation. The background investigation will include a polygraph examination.
Physical Agility Test
The physical agility test consists of:
- Vertical Jump
- 1 minute sit ups
- Push ups: A minimum of 21 (no time limit but continuous)
- 300 meter run
- 1.5 mile run or walk