Jerome County Sheriff Position
Jerome County Central Republican Committee is accepting applications for the position of Jerome County Sheriff. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have resided in the county for one year. Annual salary of $61,560. Applications are available at the Jerome County Recorder's office, and online HERE
Send completed applications and resumes to:
Jerome County Central Committee,
PO Box 672
Jerome, ID 83338
Applications will be accepted until 6pm Thursday, February 22nd 2018. Interviews will be held at the old Jerome County Courthouse courtroom at 6pm Thursday, February 22nd 2018
Applications for patrol and security services will be accepted at the Sheriff's Department which is located at:
2151 S Tiger Dr
Jerome, ID 83338
Download the application here
Anyone interested in employment with the Jerome County Sheriff must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a GED.
- Must be able to meet minimum vision and hearing standards.
- Be free of any physical, emotional, or mental conditions which might adversely affect performance of a Deputy Sheriff as determined by a medical and psychological exam.
- Must pass a physical agility test.
- No past criminal history and no convictions of DUI or suspended driver's license within the five years prior to the date of application.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have no more than four (4) moving violations in the three (3) years preceding the application.
- Must be of good moral character as determined by a background investigation. The background investigation will include a polygraph examination.
Physical Agility Test
The physical agility test consists of:
- Vertical Jump
- 1 minute sit ups
- Push ups: A minimum of 21 (no time limit but continuous)
- 300 meter run
- 1.5 mile run or walk