Planning & Zoning

Before beginning the development process, we highly recommend you submit an Information Request to the Planning & Zoning email to ensure your project is allowed in the zone and on the parcel, you intend to develop. Once you have received approval, please use the link below to apply for a Building Permit.  

Building Department

Recreation Zone Proposal

Click here to view the proposed Recreation Zones.

The online survey for the Recreation Zones is closed. If you would like to provide comment, please feel free to email us at planning& You may also pick up a paper copy of the survey from our office during normal business hours. 

Public Records & Information Requests

Public Records Request Printable Form

A Public Records Request is a document that this office would have on file (i.e., staff report, building permit, written decision etc.)


  • Be legible
  • Be specific as to the record(s) sought
  • Include a name, mailing address, and phone number

Information Request Printable Form

A Request for Information may or may not be from a specific document (i.e., address information, zoning designation, land division criteria, etc.)


  • Be legible
  • If the request is regarding a specific property, have specific address and/or parcel information
  • Be concise regarding the information being sought
  • Include a name, mailing address, and phone number


Public Records Requests may be transmitted by email, fax, U.S. Mail, or in person. In order to comply with Idaho State Statute, Public Records Requests may not be requested over the phone.

Please do not email individual staff members if you are seeking an information or public record request. Send emails to Planning & Zoning. (Please copy and paste email address if link does not work). Email will be checked weekdays at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Development Permits

An appointment with Planning and Zoning Staff is necessary to acquire any of the permits listed below:

  • Boundary Line Adjustment
  • Final Plat
  • Land Division
  • Livestock Confinement Operation (LCO)
  • Minor Final Plat Amendment
  • Preliminary Plat
  • Special Use Permit
  • Variance
  • Warehoused Livestock Confinement Operation (WLCO)

Online Documents